Tuesday, October 20, 2009

To serve is to lead

These last few days I have been in no small struggle with the Lord, searching for that something more that we all desire, I have been praying and fasting and just basically crying out to him to show me how I can serve him, how I can live my life in the best way possible for him.

This is what he has shown me...

Lay down your life for your brother AS YOU WOULD LAY DOWN YOUR LIFE FOR ME.

As revelation usually works when it comes direct from Jesus these few words were then followed by scripture after scripture running through my mind, I see pictures of Jesus washing his disciples feet and saying if he our Lord and king is to do this for us then we are to do this for each other also.

I hear him say the greatest amongst us is the least, I hear him say if you desire to lead.. serve.

Love covers a mutitude of sins. They will know you are christians by your love.

Perfect Love casts out all fear.. God gives grace to the humble.

Love God and love your neighbour as yourself...

Paul talks of the most excellent way in 1 corinthians 13, yeah baby the love chapter.

paul is almost confounded when he hears of brother against brother, he is then to say.. isnt it much better to be wronged.

Jesus says we are forgiven much and are therefore free but then fall right back into prison when we dont forgive our brother from the heart.

LOVE COVERS A MULTITUDE OF SINS... its for our sakes that we listen, we dont have to, I mean the Lord will love us no less if we only live for ourselves and hold onto our hurts..

But its for our sakes that he instructs us in the way of love.

OH blessed King Jesus, Blessed Lord you are the King who serves.

: )

No comments: