Monday, August 18, 2014

We have more than we think

In 11 years of being a Christian I've seen the church walk in a mentality that says it is for the most part falling short.

 90 per cent of private conversations and preaching I have heard is based on that perception. 

I think a lot of us putting our best foot forward is to blame!! There are always stories of people who raise the dead before breakfast and walk with Glory leaking out of there ears but honestly in my experience.. There are no super apostles.

 The most anointed person that ever lived was a normal man who got angry too. Now and then God does wonderful things along the way and that IS good. but to emphasise those wonderful moments as the norm is to create the said 90 per cent deficit mentality and that Is NOT good. I've been guilty of it.

 I've been guilty of a lot of things and still seen God move and that's the heart of what I want to say today! 

The Church is lovely and beautiful and powerful because it is loved by a God who is all those things and when it is ugly and weak and critical and fearful it is still loved by a wonderful God. It is beautiful because he says it is beautiful and no matter how we feel to say anything different is to disagree with him. 

No comments: